Chimichurri is a great, fresh tasting green sauce that is great on everything from corn to steak. Today I whipped some chimichurri up and used on a burger with some grilled onions. For more great articles like this make sure to follow us on facebook/dan330dotcom and on dan330.sqsp.com
Here’s what you need to make your own Chimichurri sauce:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves chopped
- 3 tsp finely chopped onion.
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (approximately 1/2 of a lemon)
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt, and Pepper to taste.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
First, take all of the ingredients excluding the olive oil and pulse in a food processor until chopped. Once chopped, pour in the olive oil and process until mix is well blended.
Set aside in a bowl and chill.