Perfect Valentine’s Beef Dinner Recipe
If you want to cook something special for your loved one this Valentine’s day, you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to give you the perfect beef dinner recipe that is certain to leave your partner lost for words. While you could book a table at a top restaurant in your area, we think the personal touch is much more impressive.
Once you’ve got the meal sorted, you simply have to think about drinks. Red wine is always a favorite with beef, and so it’s a good idea to get a couple of bottles from your local supermarket. However, you might like to create some cocktails later on in the evening, which is why you need to get a decent blender. Don’t make the mistake of paying premium prices when there are plenty of refurbished vitamix products available online.
- 1 large joint of beef
- 1 cabbage
- 1 onion
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 carrots
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- You’ll need to score your meat and get it in the oven at around 160 degrees. You should cook the joint for at least two and a half hours before preparing the other food. That will help to make sure it is tender and succulent when served. Take a look at your joint every hour and pour some of the juices back over the meat.
- Wash and peel your potatoes before cutting them into long strips. You should then place them in the oven on a shelf above your meat for thirty minutes. That should ensure your chips are golden brown. Just make sure you sprinkle some salt and pepper on top before you serve.
- Break your cabbage into manageable amounts and place it in the pot of boiling water on your stove. You can also clean and add your carrots. However, most people prefer to roast those in the oven. The decision is yours. If you do want them roasted, simply place them on the same tray used for your chips.
- Slice your onion and add some to your meat tray. You can also add some to the pot in which you are boiling your vegetables.
- Put some water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. You should then add your frozen peas and wait for around ten minutes until they’re soft.
- Take your beef stock cubes and place them in a jug of boiling water. Mix thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps. You can also add any juices that might have come from your meat into the mixture.
- Serve the food and pour beef stock gravy over everything.
There you have it folks. So long as you follow that guide, you should manage to create the perfect Valentine’s beef dinner for your partner. Now all you have to think about is dessert. While it might be a nice idea to make some ice cream of your own, it will never taste as soon as premium products like those manufactured by Carte D’or. With that in mind, maybe another trip to your local supermarket is a good idea?