Know About The Security Doors: Best Home Guide To Security
Did you know that statistics says that around 70% of the burglars enter homes through the doors. Doors are vulnerable and it is very important to secure those well to keep the home safe from burglar attacks. These days there is a trend of attaching high security doors in place of conventional ones. These doors are especially designed to increase the security factor manifold. There are many brands and types of these doors available in the market. However, all these have certain common features. Given below is a list of some of the common features that are there in these doors:
- Steel stripes behind the wooden frame. This makes the interior molding strong and burglar-proof.
- These doors are generally made of strong wood or metal. These can be used on all the doors – both in the main entrance and the other secondary doors.
- These doors feature heavy-duty bolt for locking and the one-inch bolt makes it all the more strong and secure.
- Four-screw, high-security strike place on all security doors.
- The sliding security doors comprise sliding glass doors. This double locking system makes the door strong and effective against the burglars.
What should you look for while buying security doors?
One of the most important things that you should look for in a security door is the frame. There are different types of frames available with such doors. You can choose from metal alloy, aluminium, steel, and wood. All these materials are strong enough to provide high-end security to the house. However, aluminium and metal alloys are softer than steel. Thus, thick plates of aluminium and alloys are generally used for the construction of such doors. Before purchasing, you must ask about the thickness of the materials used for framing the doors. You should choose a strong framing to keep your home secured from burglar attacks.
Flush-mounted or tube-frame?
Both the methods of installation of the doors are for security. However the flush mounting security gates, look natural and easy. It also provides better sealing and there are no gaps left anywhere. Mounting the gates in tube-frame means that there might be a gap of 1-1.4 inches between the frame and the gate. That can be a bit insecure for the house.
Not just burglars
- The security gates are capable of keeping out burglars. But these doors do much more than that. The doors are without unwanted gaps and thus are capable of keeping out insects and unwanted pests outside.
- Once the doors are closed, the house is both secured from burglars and unwanted elements.
- These gates are powder-coated or polished for high durability when purchasing these gates you must check whether these are painted or powder-coated. You should know the pros and cons of each before buying.
- Both the process increase the longevity of the doors. However, you can choose according to your personal preference and the type of house you stay in. The type of doors you are choosing should go with the type of house you stay in.
What should you look for while choosing security doors
When it comes to choosing these doors, you must check whether you are getting a warranty. You must make sure that you are getting standard warranty on the products you are choosing. While buying you must get proper documentation regarding the warranty on the doors.
You must check the locking system of the gates. Make sure that the doors you are choosing has been installed with high security features. Some doors are with double-locking system. You must compare the cost of these gates with two or more online companies. By doing this you will be able to get an idea of the cost and will be able to buy these doors at reasonable rates. Click here if you want to more information about the security doors.