Crock-Pot Beef Ragu with Penne and Ricotta
Crock-Pot Beef Ragu with Penne and Ricotta – a hearty and effortless comfort meal! So many delicious flavors are layered into this almost-one-pot dish… tomatoes, red wine, carrots, onion, tomato paste, garlic, fresh rosemary and thyme. Hearty, tender, & delish! This dish is sure become a new family favorite.
This braised beef ragu recipe is really comfort food at its best… cozy and warm and soo filling. You could probably turn the heat off in your house because this dish is on fire!!! In the best way possible.
- 2 lb. beef round center cut, bottom roast
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 24-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 large tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Cup Beef or Chicken Stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta, such as penne
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (for garnish)
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (for garnish)
For step by step instructions, visit Beef Ragu on Taste And See!
Be sure to check out these other reader favorites:
For more about our food category click HERE.
For more great recipes click HERE.
Do you have a recipe to share? We would love to hear from you. Submit your recipes HERE.