Baked Butternut Squash with Italian Sausage Stuffing
This Baked Butternut Squash with Italian Sausage Stuffing Recipe is a delicious casserole of comfort food. With butternut squash, ground turkey, sage, thyme, sourdough bread, Asiago and Parmesan cheese, you’ll be enjoying this dish all season long!
- 20 ounces sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes and dried out (*see note)
- 5 cups cubed butternut squash (about one medium size squash)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian chicken or turkey sausage, casing removed
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3½ cups chicken or turkey stock
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- ½ cup (1 stick) of butter, melted
- Nonstick oil spray
For step by step directions, visit Baked Butternut Squash with Italian Sausage Stuffing at Taste And See!
Check out these other reader favorites:
For more about our food category click HERE.
For more great recipes click HERE.
Do you have a recipe to share? We would love to hear from you. Submit your recipes HERE.