Salisbury Steak Meatballs with a French Onion Gravy
Turn plain ole burger into something gourmet and restaurant worthy. My Salisbury steak meatballs are smothered in a rich onion gravy and are the definition of comfort food at its finest.
I remember Salisbury steak as a tough piece of meat that was over cooked and you needed the gravy to mask the bland flavor of the dish.
This Salisbury steak dish has been revamped from the dish of the past into something that just melts in your mouth.
After having made this multiple times I do recommend a few tips so the dish turns out perfect every time.
- Use ground round or chuck for the best flavor.
- Sear the meatballs then finish cooking them by simmering in the gravy.
- Be sure to use sweet Vidalia onions.
- Don’t over cook the beef. Nothing ruins this dish more than having them cook too long. Remove them when they’re done.
- Enjoy a glass of wine while cooking since you have the bottle 🍷 open anyway.
This Salisbury steak recipe is also great to serve a small dinner party. A little prep work ahead of time and you can enjoy time with your guests. Simply prep this recipe through the simmer stage and set aside. When you’re ready to eat, return the meatballs to the pan and finish simmering before serving.
For more about our food category click HERE.
For more great recipes click HERE.
Do you have a recipe to share? We would love to hear from you. Submit your recipes HERE