Sweet Potato Protein Muffins
Sweet Potato Protein Muffins are a healthy, sweet, and portable breakfast or snack to give you energy and keep you full! Gluten & Grain Free
Carbs seem to be this elusive thing that many of us misjudge, mislabel, shun or abuse. I tend to spend a good amount of time talking with Hungry Hobby RD clients about carbohydrate quantity and quality. The reason we spend so much time talking about it is that this is the one area of diet that I believe must be truly individualized to you. What you need will change depending on your age, gender, body composition, activity level, and health status.
- Hormone changes throughout your lifecycle (puberty, pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause) will change how well your body regulates carbohydrates.
- Females do not do as well on a prolonged low carbohydrate diet (<100grams per day) as men.
- The closer you get to your goal body composition, the more carbohydrates you need, not less.
- The more active you are, the more carbohydrates you need.
- Chronic conditions, especially endocrine disorders such as thyroid conditions or diabetes change your carbohydrate needs.
- Carbohydrate timing and pairing should also be considered.
For more and the recipe click HERE.
For more about our food category click HERE.
For more great recipes click HERE.
Do you have a recipe to share? We would love to hear from you. Submit your recipes HERE