Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad – forget fads and so-called superfoods, this is the real deal. Vegan, delicious and absolutely rammed with vitamins and nutrients.
JANSEN’S PRO TIPS – BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER SALAD
- We’re aiming for nice al dente broccoli and cauliflower salad – not hard, but not soft and mushy either. Fry it slowly – no rushing here. Soft veg loses more nutrients too.
- Pick a deep green broccoli whenever possible. Recent studies suggest that even though carotenoids are a yellow-orange colour, the highest concentrations are found in deep green broccoli. So go green.
- Kumquats are great – if you can get hold of them. If you can’t, don’t be afraid to use normal or blood oranges instead – the salad will still taste great.
- If you really want to impress, then make some dukkah. It only takes a few minutes and really adds to the salad.
- It stores for weeks too, so you can make a batch and use it on multiple dishes. Boom, tastier food, time saved!
For more about our food category click HERE.
For more great recipes click HERE.
Do you have a recipe to share? We would love to hear from you. Submit your recipes HERE