Cauliflower & Beet Salad in Curry-Mustard Vinaigrette
A burst of color ready for the Summer, can’t wait!
The two main ingredients are a match made in health heaven, recent health claims suggest the benefits of beetroot include prevention of dementia and can aid in lowering blood pressure, while studies also suggest that cauliflower can aid in warding off heart disease and cancer.
330g/11.5oz raw,untrimmed cauliflower
388g/13.5oz sugar beets, raw untrimmed
100g/3.5oz white onion thinly sliced
1 tsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. curry powder
60 ml/4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp/15ml white wine vinegar (check if vegan)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp/10g parsley, roughly chopped
1. Boil the beets for 1.5 – 2 hours or until fork tender. Peel and cut into wedges.
2. Boil whole head of cauliflower for 5 minutes. Drain. Submerge in an ice bath for 3 minutes. Drain and cut into florets.
3. Toast mustard seeds in a skillet for 2 minutes.
4. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, curry powder, salt, and toasted mustard seeds.
5. Toss prepared cauliflower, beets, sliced onion and chopped parsley in the vinaigrette.
See more recipes here – http://www.mynutricounter.com/
For more about our food category click HERE.
For more great recipes click HERE.
Do you have a recipe to share? We would love to hear from you. Submit your recipes HERE