I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #OreIdaHashbrown #CollectiveBias
Every Easter my family get’s together to enjoy a few traditions that you might expect. We do an Easter egg hunt, we color eggs, and we go to church. This year, we are making a hash brown brunch using Ore-Ida Shredded Hashed Brown Potatoes and here’s why: For those of us who are now adults, this is a lot of work! Kids’ routines are changed, they get all sugared up, and we have to spend time with our extended families and hope our kids behave. I can’t tell you how many times my kids have whined, “This is gross” or “I don’t like this” at meal time. One way we keep everybody happy is to make several different little meals that can be served together. This year I am making an Ore-Ida Shredded Hashed Brown Potatoes brunch as the theme.
This year’s hash brown brunch theme will be a winner. I purchased Ore-Ida country style shredded potatoes from Walmart. I made little cups with them in a mini muffin tin and then filled them with different brunch foods. One is an omelet, one is a cinnamon roll, and the last one is spinach and feta cheese.
Hash Brown Cups
Ingredients (this is enough for one full muffin pan)
- 3 Cups Ore-Ida country style shredded potatoes
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Thaw the shredded potatoes. Frozen potatoes are very difficult to get to work. Then, mix the potatoes with the butter and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Spray a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray.
3. Take the potato mixture and form cups in each muffin form by pressing it against the sides.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes or until the cups start to turn golden brown. Don’t over cook them because they will cook for another 10 minutes after the filling is in them.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 hot red pepper diced
- 1/8 cup diced ham
- 1/8 cup diced cilantro
1. Scramble eggs and all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Then spoon the eggs into 8 of the hash brown cups (still in the pan).
- one package of prepackaged cinnamon roll dough.
1. Open the package and remove two of the rolls.
2. Cut each of the two into quarters.
3. Take each quarter and place in a hash brown cup. There should be 8.
Feta and Spinach
- 1/3 cup crumbled cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped spinach
1. Mix the cheese and spinach in a small bowl.
2. Fill in 8 of the hash brown cups
Now that all of the middles are made, you can put them in the hash brown cups.
Now, bake the hash brown bites for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.