Guacamole Grilled Cheese with a breakfast twist:
LiveDan330.com has a new cookbook! We are running a series of posts on grilled cheese recipes to promote it. If you like this recipe, you will love the book. Grilled and Cheesy: 12 Gourmet Grilled Cheeses Easily Made at Home showcases “The Leviathan” which won the Boars Head Boldest Bracket contest in 2014, as well as “The Springly,” a gruyere cheese and asparagus sandwich. It also includes a Hawaiian version of a grilled cheese, an avocado and egg breakfast sandwich, and a decadent cheesecake-filled french toast. Grilled and Cheesy is available through Amazon here.
Fried egg, cheese, guacamole, bacon … Every major food group. This is just a fun little breakfast sandwich to make and it really doesn’t take that long to do it. I would also try to make this on a tortilla for an easy variation.
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1/4 cup cheddar or a shredded mix of mozzarella and cheddar
- pinch of black pepper
To make the guacamole
Either use a package of guacamole mix and follow the directions, or make your own by combining two avocados, smashed of course, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, a little cumin, Worcestershire sauce, 1-2 cloves minced garlic and a lime. Start with a little of each and adjust to taste.
1. In a small egg dish, fry one egg over easy so it is slightly runny.
2. Fry the bacon so it is nice and crispy.
3. Put the sandwich together on a frying pan on medium-low heat. Start by placing the top piece of bread down to brown it. Then start the bottom piece, first with a little cheese, then bacon, a little more cheese, the guacamole, and then some cheese again. Finish by placing the top piece of bread on. Lower the heat to low and cover with tinfoil so that all the cheese melts.
4. Remove from heat and place a piece of bacon and the fried egg on top. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, this one is awesome!