LiveDan330.com has a new cookbook! We are running a series of posts on grilled cheese recipes to promote it. If you like this recipe, you will love the book. Grilled and Cheesy: 12 Gourmet Grilled Cheeses Easily Made at Home showcases “The Leviathan” which won the Boars Head Boldest Bracket contest in 2014, as well as “The Springly,” a gruyere cheese and asparagus sandwich. It also includes a Hawaiian version of a grilled cheese, an avocado and egg breakfast sandwich, and a decadent cheesecake-filled french toast. Grilled and Cheesy is available through Amazon here:
The corn toss and beer pong are over and everyone went home. You are sitting on a dozen extra bratwurst and a pound of leftover baked beans. What do you do!? What … Do… You… Do!? You make the Bratwurster, of course! It takes barbecue comfort food to a whole new level.
- 1 bratwurst
- 1/2 cup baked beans
- 3 rings red onion
- 3 slices bell pepper
- cheese of your choosing
1. Cut the bratwurst down the middle.
2. Brown your first piece of bread and set aside.
3. On a warm stove, set your second piece of bread, add the beans, the bratwurst, red onion, bell peppers and cheese.
4. Cover with tinfoil to let the cheese melt. Make sure the cheese is on top so it melts down through the sandwich.
5. Top with the first piece of bread and serve. Enjoy! This sandwich is so good, you could even make these for your friends at your barbecue. It goes amazingly well with a cold one, good friends and a warm, sunny day!