A Fresh Basil Recipe
Beautiful basil, how I love your fragrance and flavor. Growing right outside the kitchen in the potted herb garden, you just wait to be plucked from the stem and paired with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Summer is not summer without you!
Easy to grow, basil makes a light summer side dish, salad or appetizer in an instant. All you’ll need is fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Because I’m going to a garden party at a friends home, I’ve decided to make what I call Caprese Bites, a finger food that’s easy to pick up and eat in one bite.
Simply skewer the mozarella pearls with a basil leaf and baby tomato. I like to use roma and yellow cherry tomatoes for a colorful presentation. Place on a plate and drizzle with a sweet and tangy Italian Balsamic Glaze.
- 1 container of yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 container of roma tomatoes
- 1 container of Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- Bertolli Italian Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar
- Small 4″ bamboo skewers
- Skewer the mozzarella pearls, add a basil leaf and finish with a tomato.
- Place on plate and drizzle with Balsalmic.
- [url href=”http://livedan330.com/wp-content/uploads/Bite-570×601.jpg”][img src=”http://livedan330.com/wp-content/uploads/Bite-570×601.jpg” width=”570″ height=”601″ class=”aligncenter size-large” title=”Bite”][/url]