Small Kitchen Renovation Ideas Worth Saving
If you regret having a small kitchen, let me tell you that there are tons of this that you can do to it to make your eating and cooking space look not only visually appealing but also inviting to each and every one of your guests. A kitchen whether small or large needs to be first of all hygienic and clutter free with some basic amenities like a refrigerator, a wide range of utensils to serve different purposes, a trash bin, the best coffeemakers in the world, microwave to heat your food and also an oven to make stuff you like. The following tricks should make your small kitchen look attractive in appearance and make you get over the fact that your kitchen is small!
- Flooring: If you want your guest’s attention to shift from the size of your kitchen to the floor you must invest in that. Often marble gives your room a posh and sophisticated look and so you can try that even if it feels cold and hard underneath at times. If you worry about the latter too much you can use a rug maybe. You can also go offbeat and stick with linoleum in a checker board pattern and it often comes at an inexpensive price.
- Cupboards: Your kitchen will have ample space once you do away with those unnecessarily large hideous cupboards. Go for open storage as this will give your kitchen an organized look. Often the towering cabinets tend to create inconvenience for the cooks and also made one feel claustrophobic. Hooks are often underrated when it comes to their usage. Keep in mind that these are not only affordable but flexible as in you can have a hook in any part of your kitchen. So make the utmost use of them and use them for pots, mugs, towels, pans, etc.
- Proper Lighting: Poor use of light tends to make a kitchen look smaller and tinier that it actually is. Put some lights under your cabinets as this kind of lightening is known for making your small kitchen look more useful and practical. You can install incandescent spot lights above the cabinets and if you would like some kind of dramatic effect in your kitchen then you can try out pendant lights.
- Mirrors: Put up mirrors wherever you can to give the illusion of a large space. Use glass strategically. For example you can incorporate a glass counter or table top or even pass through windows that lead into a bigger room.
- Bold color: You can use paint to give your kitchen an engaging look. Even the colors of the appliances, dishes, utensils, or that bright piece of artwork you put up in your kitchen can lighten up your eating area. Light colors with shades of white are known to reflect light and draw one’s eyes up making them think that the height if the ceilings are higher than they actually are. If you really have an eye for home style you can easily play with colors in your kitchen and both shock and surprise everyone from family to guests.
- Embrace the space: Yes your kitchen is small but so what? Embrace it as it is and work with it! If you don’t have enough space for a dining area then get a bar counter top a it works both as an eating table and also as a place where you can prep your meals.Lastly do not leave any space unused, Be creative and make your small kitchen one of the best areas of your home.