Mexican Chocolate Matcha Drink (low carb)
This is my new fav drink. I whip it up every morning and it keeps me going until lunch. As the weather gets cooler I always crave a cup of hot chocolate.
That’s where this recipe comes in. It’s a cross between a bulletproof matcha drink and a Mexican hot chocolate. It’s simple to make, low carb and I just love it.
I made sure to put lots of tasty and good for you ingredients in this drink such as:
- Coconut oil – protects against infections and may protect against heart disease
- Cayenne – stimulates digestion, breaks up congestion and anti-fungal
- Cacao powder – has a wide variety of antioxidants, supports healthy heart functions, enhances physical and mental well being
- Matcha green tea – great source of anti-oxidants and phytochemicals, less caffeine than coffee gives you a boost of energy without the jittery side effects (You can learn all about the wonderfully properties of match tea in my post Matcha Magic. )
- Cinnamon – anti-inflammatory effects may help lower the risk of disease, can improve cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure and has a potent anti-diabetic effect
For more about our food category click HERE.
For more great recipes click HERE.
Do you have a recipe to share? We would love to hear from you. Submit your recipes HERE.